Sensing the orientation of IR LEDs

I wanted to do something similar to how the Wii Remote uses an optical sensor to view the IR LEDs on the Wii Sensor Bar. Is this possible to do with an Arduino? Is there a recommended CMOS camera to use? It doesn't seem like locating two IR light sources (in a IR-dark environment) would be too intense in terms of processing power. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

what kind of cmos camera, a digital one or the cheap analog ones you see at walmart. any kind of composite video output camera wont work. also, it seems like it would be alot of math calculating angles from the points, perhaps gyroscopes and accelerometers would be better suited to your project.

what kind of cmos camera

Something like this one?

it doesnt look like theres much documentation on that camera right now, i remember seeing some cameras with a serial interface, but they were pretty pricey. just make sure the sensor you buy has a usable interface.

it doesnt look like theres much documentation on that camera right now, i remember seeing some cameras with a serial interface, but they were pretty pricey. just make sure the sensor you buy has a usable interface.

Is there one that is recommended for the arduino?

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/camera/List/1/ProductID/29/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

heres one, pricey, but it looks like itl do what you want it to. ill add more to this post as i find them

Is there one that is recommended for the arduino?

No - there is no known video camera that will work because of the speed the video comes out and the lack of ram to put the image into. You could play about with the "processing" language, as that has a video capture mode, then you will see how hard it is to do what you are tying to do.