Sensor bass schematic, need expert to review.

I am building an interface that uses an arduino, 12 force sensing resistors, 4 membrane potentiometers, and an IR proximity sensor; all of which are attached to a sheet of acrylic. The sensors and the acrylic backing will be connected to the surface of a bass guitar to control synthesizers and sequencers through OSC. All of the examples I have found of FSR's are connected to the analog inputs of an arduino. In this design I am using the analog inputs for the membrane pots and would like to use the digital inputs for the array of FSR's. Will this work?

Please check out the link below and tell me if you think this will work and/or what changes should be made. This post is my first on the arduino forum, so Hello everyone!

Thank you!!! :)

http://normonious.blogspot.com/2010/11/sensor-bass-schematic.html

Thanks Richard! I am not sure if i am looking for analog values. I am hoping to use the FSR's to trigger samples like the drum pads of a hardware drum machine. What kind of result would I get by going through the digital pins?

Well, the digital inputs are kind of like comparators, which is really what you should be using here if you want on/off inputs from the FSR's. So if you pick the resistors connected to the FSR's very carefully such that when unpressed the voltage is above the threshold (probably 2.5V or so) and when pressed the voltage is below the threshold, it might work.

But it will be very finicky. You will probably have lots of "noise" (really oscillation) issues as the signal goes through the threshold, so you will need some debouncing code. The FSR's will also age with use further complicating matters.

-- The Quick Shield: breakout all 28 pins to quick-connect terminals