Sensor display on a touchscreen

Hey guys, I'm new to arduino. I've recently purchased an Uno. I was wondering if I could display a pressure sensor output on a touch screen. Also, would i be able to design a GUI to be displayed on the touch screen? I cant use a pc for this project. It has to be a stand alone system where the user controls the device through the touch screen. What software should i use for the GUI development.Many thanks

Project objective
To design a peak flow meter

Touch screen

Arduino UNO

Differential pressure sensor
http://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Honeywell/SSCSNBN005PDAC5/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvhQj7WZhFIAPTopI21Jb1u4FElPY6p578%3D

Yes, your display uses SPI. So it has plenty of spare pins.
According to your link, you can read the Sensor via SPI, I2C, ADC. Select the required type of Sensor. Your Mouser part uses ADC.

I do not think that there is any GUI generating program. But you only need a couple of "buttons" and possibly a "slider". Anything more sophisticated will not work with fat fingers.

I suggest that you "design" your GUI layout with a PC program to get it to look "right". There are JAVA apps that are intended for old Mobile Phone screens. e.g. similar to your display.

Then it is a simple matter to measure the Button position, size, colours, legends...
Draw a few graphics with dimensions that you have measured from your PC screen.

If you want the Arduino sketch "automatically" written from your PC design, offer me some money.

David.

david_prentice:
Yes, your display uses SPI. So it has plenty of spare pins.
According to your link, you can read the Sensor via SPI, I2C, ADC. Select the required type of Sensor. Your Mouser part uses ADC.

I do not think that there is any GUI generating program. But you only need a couple of "buttons" and possibly a "slider". Anything more sophisticated will not work with fat fingers.

I suggest that you "design" your GUI layout with a PC program to get it to look "right". There are JAVA apps that are intended for old Mobile Phone screens. e.g. similar to your display.

Then it is a simple matter to measure the Button position, size, colours, legends...
Draw a few graphics with dimensions that you have measured from your PC screen.

If you want the Arduino sketch "automatically" written from your PC design, offer me some money.

David.

Thanks a lot