So, I am currently trying to figure out what sensors would work best for my Arduino project. hHowever, I am having trouble and am hoping someone on here might have the answer.
The question is...
Say i have a 100 m by 100 m square. I want to track one person in that square and have an autonomous device on the edge of that square use motors to follow their position.
I am not opposed to the person wearing something to aid in the tracking. I'd like the tracking to be very accurate (within cm), able to track in live time and able to track the person if they're moving quickly. Power consumption is not that big of an issue as it could plug in if necessary.
What I've looked at so far...
- GPS - Doesn't seem to be accurate enough 5-10 ft off.
- Bluetooth - Not sure how to track just using a bluetooth signal. Does reach up to 100 m depending on the sensors.
- Range finder - Not enough distance (without paying a lot of money it seems like).
- Ultrasonic - Not enough distance.
- Lidar Lite - Could use this but it may get expensive if I need more than one to track the person.
Any suggestions would be very helpful!