Sensor for Distance / Tension

Hi guys, I'm looking for something that I don't even know if actually exists.
I need a sensor to measure how much a cable is "pulled".
Working like a meter: http://www.eurosiastore.it/sites/default/files/styles/uc_product_full/public/20080122121241-S26205.jpg
Depending on how much you pull the meter you read a different measure(but the arduino had to read the value from the meter of course. I need that to measure the distance between to element(i can't use anything like infrared or other wireless things)

I found this on the internet: http://www.checkline.com/tension_sensors/ts2
And they are pretty good but I found there items on this site and there only, and I don't understand if it's possible to buy from there...
I hope I've explained my self decently but it's pretty hard.
Sorry for my bad english
Thank you in advance
Bye

(Of course i'm here for any more info)

We need to know the amount of pull. Are you talking about a few grams or a few tonnes?

Weedpharma

Mmm i think the range should go from 0 to 1 kg...and the smaller the sensor is the better...
I found this one:

Datasheet: Datasheet
The range is 2 - 10 N (0,2 - 1 kg) so it should be perfect but the datasheet is in german and i don't understand exactly how it works, where do you apply the force? On the top? where i put the arrow? In the datasheet there is written it works both in compression and tension but i'm not sure about that either...

Thank you again!

UPDATE: sorry, i changed my mind, i think something like that is better:

I tri to explain better that i can. The cable is fixed to two point that are moving so depending on how the point moves the cable is gonna make the reel turn. So my question is, there is a way to see how much the wheel turns?
Thank you, sorry for bad explanaition, ask for everything that isn't clear.

How much movement?

Weedpharma

not more than 3/4 cm but it should be accurate...

UPDATE: I found this: Flexible Stretch Sensors
That is theoretically perfect for what i want to do but they say that:

• It's a little bit slow to get back to it's original lenght
  • It's not a true linear sensor, and the resistance may vary from batch to batch, so not really accurate

Have anybody ever worked with these things? Are they so bad?

UPDATE 2: Ok, found the perfection: StretchSense
but waaaaaaay to expensive...

Dear danipisca07,
I saw your message and I would like to help. I'm from checkline.com, the company that offers the tension sensor. The question to ask is are you trying to measure how much force / tension is in the cable, or how much it moves. So force or distance? Please advise and I will try and provide more information.

-Brett from checkline

danipisca07:
Hi guys, I'm looking for something that I don't even know if actually exists.
I need a sensor to measure how much a cable is "pulled".

I found this on the internet: Online Tension Sensor - TS2
And they are pretty good but I found there items on this site and there only, and I don't understand if it's possible to buy from there...

hi checkline, thanks for the answer first of all... What i'm really interested in is how much something moves actually, but shift sensor are really expensive and bigger than this tension sensors. So, since i don't need to measure something with the precision of the millimeter I think the sensors can work good for me with a little calibration. The only thing i'm concerned now is the fact that they are not so fast to return to the original state...and that's something very important for me.
In my case a sensor of a length of 20 centimeter would get pulled not to more than 24 cm but pulled and release a lot of time fast.
So my question is, a piece of 20 cm, pulled to 24, how much would take to return to 20,1 cm?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english again
Bye