Sensor Kit on Amazon

Im looking at this kit:

http://www.amazon.com/SparkFun-Sensor-Kit-v2/dp/B004G2KTE0/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

It's expensive, at $199. But Im wondering which sensors are making this so expensive. Im thinking that last Flex Sensor might be one of them.

Any ideas which sensors are the top 2 most expensive ones?[/color]

Also Im wondering the pros and cons of the PIR motion detector vs the vibration magnetic sensor. [/color]

Here is the list:

HMC5883L - Triple-Axis Magnetometer Breakout Board - A ADXL335 - Triple-Axis Accelerometer Breakout Board - Senses acceleration along all three axes, with a range of up to ±3g. Fully analog interface.

ITG-3200 - Triple-Axis Gyro Breakout Board - Senses angular velocity along three axes of rotation. Fully digital interface with a range of up to ±2000°/s.

Large Piezo Vibration Sensor Reed Switch - Senses magnetic fields, makes for a great non-contact switch. 0.25" Magnet Square

0.5" Force Sensitive Resistor - A force sensing resistor with a 0.5" diameter sensing area. Great for sensing pressure (i.e. if it's being squeezed).

PIR Motion Sensor - Easy-to-use motion detector with an analog interface. Power it with 5-12VDC, and you'll be alerted of any movement.

Ultrasonic Rangefinder - Maxbotix LV-EZ1

HIH-4030 Humidity Sensor - A high precision humidity sensor with an analog output. IR Receiver Breakout Board

An analog interfaced IR receiver, sensitive to a wide range of IR waves. Great for 'listening' to TV remotes.

Mini Photocell - The photocell will vary its resistance based on how much light it's exposed to. Will vary from 1kΩ in the light to 10kΩ in the dark. Optical Detector/Phototransistor -

BMP085 Barometric Pressure Sensor - Low power, high precision barometric pressure sensor with I2C output.

Flex Sensor - As the sensor is flexed, the resistance across the sensor increases. Useful for sensing motion or positioning SoftPot - These are very thin variable potentiometers. By pressing on various positions along the strip, you vary the resistance.

None of them. I would not buy a 'kit' like that..

Yeah I just looked up the individual sensors and it doesn't add up.

Thanks

check out ebay!

you can buy a sensor get for just about any money you care to spend

Bill Carty