Sensor shield library

Is there a library for a sensor shield? I have a sainsmart sensor shield, but I can't find a library, if there is one.

There is no library for a shield per se. You need libraries for whatever sensors are on the shield.

Nick, how do I call a sensor shield pin? For example, if I use a servo on a sensor shield pin, don't I need to know what pin to call?

The sensor shield is just a convenient way to attach sensors to the Arduino, in that it brings out each pin to having adjacent power and ground pins next to it. Thus you can use cables that have all 3 wires next to each other that are typically used by sensors and servos. Note, you do need to look out for the orientation of the pins. Some things want data, power, and ground, while others want data, ground, and power.

You could just as easily connect ground and power to a breadboard, and then use a wire connecting the pin, along with ground/power wires from the power rails of the breadboard.

Some variants of the sensor shield include other popular breakouts, such as for i2c, bluetooth, xbee, etc. But ultimately it is just a convenience of having the pins in a more convenient layout.

Bstanko6:
Nick, how do I call a sensor shield pin? For example, if I use a servo on a sensor shield pin, don't I need to know what pin to call?

Yes, but you are calling the pin on the Arduino.

This has nothing to do with the library and everything to do with the programme. Typically you have a command like

#define ONE_WIRE_BUS 3

which simply means that you are using pin 3 on the arduino for a sensor using the one-wire system. It is then down to you to connect the sensor to the socket on the shield that is connected to pin 3 on same, ergo pin 3 on Arduino. Needless to say you can connect to another pin first, and alter the programme accordingly.

The sockets on the shield are usually labelled according to the Arduino pins they are connected to.

I see. I appreciate the help.

Hey, I saw this topic and i thought i could find help here!
i've a sensor shield v4 and i want to use VGS 3 pins to control my ESC but i've tried everything but it won't send signal to them when connected to the sensor shield if i connect it to any digital pin directly it works like a charm.

Your problem is incomprehensible, clouded by technobabble, and short on detail, but it would appear to be down to improper use of the shield - maybe as simple as putting a plug in the wrong socket.

rx290:
Hey, I saw this topic and i thought i could find help here!

Here you can find some much needed help. Read it, and you know how start your own thread about your problem and get informed help.
Resurrecting a 6 year old thread is not the way.