sensor shield v5.0 on Arduino UNO 3 crashes and get disconnected from PC.

I uploaded a simple servo swing sketch from the examples provided in the Arduino environment on my Arduino UNO 3 equppied with sensor shield v5.0 and hooked up a mini servo to it, but once the program runs on the board it crashes and get disconnected from my PC and get connected again and then crashes ... and it keep doing so until I either remove the sensor shield or unplug the USB cable.

I tried another sensor shield with another servo but with no luck.

so I tried to wire the servo to Ardunio output directly without the shield and it runs smoothly ... I did noticed some voltage drop on the Power On LED on the board when the servo reaches it's maximum angle though.

so what could be the problem preventing my of using the sensor shield ?

mohammad2d: so I tried to wire the servo to Ardunio output directly without the shield and it runs smoothly ... I did noticed some voltage drop on the Power On LED on the board when the servo reaches it's maximum angle though.

Does the sensor shield have any active electronics? If the servo is causing the voltage to dip it can only get worse if you add any other loads. Try adding a separate power supply for the servos. The sensor shield should allow for that.

yeah seems like it, I am going to try that.
will report back if it worked.

thanks !