Sensor to control a garage port inside and a outside

I have a summer projects and I need some advice.I am building a garage for my lawn mower. I’m going to use you uno and I really to control the 220v motor.
I was thinking about using Ir sensor both inside the garage and outside.but I did read that the ir sensor doesn’t work as well outside when it’s sunny.
do you have any suggestion what kind of sensor I can use that I can control the garage port.

My goal is when the robot is fully loaded, and going out the sensor inside will open the door. Be open for 5min then closing. After it’s done or need to recharge when it’s close Enough to the garage the sensor outside will open for 5min and the closing

Regard

Have the robot open and close the door.

A wireless device, used to control the door open and close, can be listening for an instruction from the robot to open and close the door.

Idahowalker:
Have the robot open and close the door.

A wireless device, used to control the door open and close, can be listening for an instruction from the robot to open and close the door.

how can i make the robot open and close the door? like a rfid tagg?

By using a wireless enabled micro controller to control the opening of the door, the robot can, when it is ready for the door to be opened and/or closed, sends a signal.

Look into MQTT.

I run a MQTT broker, on a RPi, that relays messages to several connected micro controllers.

I have, outside a ESP32 doing the job of tracking several environmental conditions, a weather station. The weather station sends data to the MQTT Broker and from there the data is sent several places. A ESP32 receives and displays the weather data. I can go to my website, view the outside and inside environmental info. I can set the AC/heat on or off as well as temperature, and humidity to heat/cool the house.

Can you link a esp card, that has WiFi, can support 220v relay? I might go for esp if I can find the stuff I need. And some good ir sensor. It’s the “best” way to get it to work

I have a relay module rated at 220V 10A connected to several of the ESP32's, even though I am only using 110VAC.

As an example, the fan is my bathroom is hooked to a relay module and a ESP32. The ESP32 detects humidity and controls the vent fan based on humidity levels. That ESP32 is, also, connects to the MQTT Broker. The ESP32 reports its state and can receive, via MQTT, new settings of operations.

so what parts do u think i sholde get

To controll the motor (220V) some wifi rely i guss

To controll the IR or laser beam and what sensors?

and what to conect it all so i can use Home assistent <

My garage has an ir sensor and it works well outdoors, but you might also want to consider getting a simple button or remote as well to give you more control

This type of ToF sensor can measure up to 10m in outdoor conditions following the specifications.

I think they have enough resolution to detect the lawn mower approaching the door.

You can choose the output data format, I2C, UART, USB…

My suggestion is to choose a reseller near you to spare something (shipping) and to get it faster

humandroid:
This type of ToF sensor can measure up to 10m in outdoor conditions following the specifications.

I think they have enough resolution to detect the lawn mower approaching the door.

Long-range ToF Sensor | Distance Sensor | Level Sensing

You can choose the output data format, I2C, UART, USB…

My suggestion is to choose a reseller near you to spare something (shipping) and to get it faster

This can work, if I am using 2 of them.

16 June 2020 - YouTube its going to be like this when its done,, well i hope at least. feels like i will not be avaiblo to creat a sensor,

berne:
This can work, if I am using 2 of them.

Sorry, but I don’t have many dimension references from the video. It looks like a little door only for the lawnmower, isn’t it?

If the lawnmower is always in the middle of the way, two sensors should work. I would install one outside and the other inside pointing to the ground with the needed angle.