Sensor to find the amount of force

Hi all,

I am doing a project where I need to check the amount of force applied, I plan to use a spring sensor but I do not think something of that sort exists, can anyone tell me which sensor will be suitable for this purpose?

Thanks

What kind of force you want to register and what is a measuring diapason?

Spring force

1 Newton? 1 ounce? 1 kgf? 1 tonnef?

There is much more to it. Spring? Would you want to measure tension or compression? Also, as mentioned what units of force?

"A ideal spring has an equilibrium length. If a spring is compressed, then a force with magnitude proportional to the decrease in length from the equilibrium length is pushing each end away from the other. If a spring is stretched, then a force with magnitude proportional to the increase in length from the equilibrium length is pulling each end towards the other.

Read this article.

Ron

Oddly enough force sensors do what you want. And can be electronic.

'Force transducers are sensors that convert a force into a linear electrical signal. ... Their operation relies on measuring miniature movements in a precision metal structure using foil strain gauges (known as sensing resistor or force sensing resistor) bonded to the surface of the metal.'

You sill need to ascertain the required range.

hi i want to measure force with fives sensors fsr can you help me

Alijwad: hi i want to measure force with fives sensors fsr can you help me

@Alijwad Start a separate new thread and explain in detail what you want to achieve..! Before posting you can also read, how to get the best out of the forum...

The search term you need is "load cell".