Sensor->XBee>Arduino->Datalogger->Web Monitoring

Hello. This is my first message on the board.
I have the following modules:

-2 Arduino Uno with an Xbee attached to it (For Data transmission)
-1 Xbee USB Explorer for receiving data.
-5 analog sensor for air quality
My goal is to receive the data acquisition from the sensors and store the data into a Mysql/Access/Excell/txt database…And using PHP in web monitoring.

Has someone tried this ? i use win 7… thanx a lot… :slight_smile:

-2 Arduino Uno with an Xbee attached to it

Two? What does each one do?

-1 Xbee USB Explorer for receiving data.

With XBee?

-5 analog sensor for air quality

What kind of sensors? Are you able to get meaningful data from the sensors using the Arduino?

Sending whatever data you have from XBee to another can be as simple as Serial.print(thedata);

Your description implies that you have 3 XBees. What kind (series 1 or series 2/2.5)? How are they configured? Do they communicate?

My goal is to receive the data acquisition from the sensors and store the data into a Mysql/Access/Excell/txt database.

That won’t happen automatically. The PC will receive serial data, from the XBee that is connected to it, but you need to have some application running on the PC that collects the serial data and does something with it.

And using PHP in web monitoring.

Monitoring what on the web? And, how does that relate to collecting sensor data in a database?

Has someone tried this ? i use win 7

I’ve collected temperature and humidity data, from two sensors, using XBees to wirelessly send the the data, in a C# application, storing the data in a SQL Server database. Separately, I’ve used C# to communicate with a MySQL database. So, what you want to do is easily do-able, if you have the right skills. If you don’t, this is a great project on which to acquire them.

Ciao, You can also have ideas from Pachube (http://www.pachube.com/), that is online service to publish sensor data (and control devices). Search for Arduino in Pachube website.

there are many approaches to do what You want.

With an Ethernet shield You could put all logic on a Arduino itself, making it act as webserver, or You can use it to send the collected data throutgh HTTP protocol to your application developed on a "traditional" webserver.

You can simply plug an Arduino to a PC (or with a virtual serial using the two XBee) and use it as a pc interface to sensors (the pc can be also a plug computer like a SheevaPlug).

Ciao, Marco.

PaulS,

Could I message you about your project involving xbee's and the SQL database? I am working on a similar project and you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance, Camoren

Camoren:
PaulS,

Could I message you about your project involving xbee’s and the SQL database? I am working on a similar project and you seem to be very knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance,
Camoren

Fine by me.

Hi, Can I know if your project is working as I am working on the same project and the deadline is around the corner. Can you help me?