Sensors for water measuring

Hello,

What sensors can I use for taking information for water quality, and every info about water? For example I am thinking about pH sensor. What other sensors exist? I am thinking of using Arduino MEGA 2560.

Thank you

Temperature, conductivity, turbidity.

jremington:
Temperature, conductivity, turbidity.

humidity, dissolved oxygen, salinity…
and before anyone questions humidity, do a quick google search.
I would ask the OP to take some time to google whatever field he is working in to see what sensors are currently used.

home aquariums have many available sensors
garden water has multiple types of sensors
sewage waste plants have special sensors…
aquaponics, hydroponics, chilled water for AC, heated water for heating, it all comes down to the application.

before anyone questions humidity, do a quick google search

Ummm, search for what?

Something else? I am thinking building water-quality sensor system. Where could I use it? Any ideas?

You have been given a number of ideas, for a perfect starting point.

Time to get to work! But before you do, consider defining "water quality".

Are you looking to measure to DEQ standards? You should read the data available and price the sensors, from my experience you will need deep pockets and a way of calibrating the equipment.
Good Luck & Have Fun!
Gil

alex5678:
I am thinking building water-quality sensor system. Where could I use it?

That sounds like coming up with a solution (a system of random sensors that measure random stuff to do with water) before you define the problem (ooo, let’s see, where can I use one?).

The normal engineering process is to define a problem (our water smells funny, research why water smells, ok we need to measure , and ) so let’s investigate what sensors are available to measure those, and then design a solution to build those sensors into the water system.

alex5678:
Something else? I am thinking building water-quality sensor system. Where could I use it? Any ideas?

the water authority in my dad/s town takes samples of chlorine levels.
they add chlorine to purify it.
PPM of dozens of different impurities, copper, lead, arsenic...