Sensors for work sites

Hi,

I'm looking for a sensor we could use on work sites. I'd like to use it to measure pressure and temperature for instance. I have already found many options online but don't know which one will match the best my need. Also, it is important to me that this sensor has a long battery life.

Do you have any recommandation ?

Thank you in advance

luca-pat:
Hi,

I’m looking for a sensor we could use on work sites. I’d like to use it to measure pressure and temperature for instance. I have already found many options online but don’t know which one will match the best my need. Also, it is important to me that this sensor has a long battery life.

Thank you in advance

What type of pressure? Atmospheric, compressed air, hydraulic, mechanical. What range?
Temperature of what? Air, water, oil? IR or conduction or convection? What range?
For both, what type of output, what type of power,how do you expect your Arduino to read the values? Analog or serial message?
What possible devices have you looked at?
Paul

luca-pat:
Hi,

I’m looking for a sensor we could use on work sites. I’d like to use it to measure pressure and temperature for instance. I have already found many options online but don’t know which one will match the best my need. Also, it is important to me that this sensor has a long battery life.

Thank you in advance

You choose a sensor, any sensor, based on the application. Since I have no idea exactly, in detail, what your application is there is no way I can suggest a sensor for pressure, temperature or anything else. I also have no idea what ranges of temperature or pressure and under what type conditions. You have not provided any information that would be used in making a choice of sensor.
Ron

Is this an inside or outside application. What type of location, residential, industrial, etc. After you measure it what are you going to do with the information. In the end long battery life is dependent on the capacity of the battery, do you have any constraints, you could use a forklift battery or a watch battery, depends on what you want/need.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
I'm looking for an infrared sensor with these features :
-Measuring air temperature
-More or less a measuring range of 8 mV/V
-High power
I've found online one device, the Sensor wiki KY-005

The KY-005 is a infrared transmitter module not a sensor. The Infrared Thermometer - MLX90614 may do what you want, you need to check it to be sure.

luca-pat:
I'm looking for an infrared sensor with these features :
-Measuring air temperature
-More or less a measuring range of 8 mV/V
-High power

• IR sensors measure the temperature of surfaces, not air.
  • Why that specific output voltage range? Are digital interface acceptable as well?
  • What do you mean by "high power"?
    Then you still didn't answer other key questions needed for picking a suitable sensor:
    What is the temperature range you want to measure?
    Is this outside air or somehow contained air?