Sensors (Natural)

Hi all,

I'm searching different kind of sensors for a data log project so I search any kind of nature sensor that exist and is compatible with arduino.

Till now I got: Temperature sensor, Barometer (pressure), Gas sensor, Humidity, Radiation sensor, Compas (as a natural earth magnetic field), Axel/Gyro sensor.

So do you know any other cool natural sensor/ cool sensors?

Electrostatic.

Altitude.

Flow.

Speed.

Weedpharma

I can measure Altitude with Barometer sensor so it's the same. Flow sensor? Like which direction something is moving? That's mostly Accel/Gyro sensor. As I know you can get speed as well from them.

Electrostatic? what that exactly do?

Hi, Electrostatic is the electric field, such as the charge developed if you shuffle along a wool carpet then touch something earthed. You produce an electrostatic field around you until you earth out.

Its the sort of charge that can zap ICs if they are not protected.

Tom..... :)

Flow sensor

Weedpharma

Edit having problems inserting links.

http://www.adafruit.com/products/828

Electrostatic is the electric field, such as the charge developed if you shuffle along a wool carpet then touch something earthed. You produce an electrostatic field around you until you earth out.

Its the sort of charge that can zap ICs if they are not protected.

I know what electrostatic is but I didn't knew that will work in the same way, i thought that it's a sensor called like that and works as something else :D but sounds cool anyway, i don't think i need that

weedpharma :D

you link is 404 but anyway you mean the liquid flow sensor? well as a module/sensor is good but i don't think i need that on a data logger.

I need more natural, simple sensors and small :D Is there a toxic air sensor/detector? probably that's what the gas sensor doing but didn't read how exactly the gas sensor wokring yet

Domino60: I can measure Altitude with Barometer sensor so it's the same.

this is completely false.

If I said the barometric pressure is 29.92 in Hg, can you tell me the altitude ?

I was in a hurricane, on a boat and we had 20 foot waves. I can most definatly tell you that altitude and barametric pressure have about the same relation as temperature and altitude.

Domino60: you link is 404 but anyway you mean the liquid flow sensor? well as a module/sensor is good but i don't think i need that on a data logger.

if you ever get into IT, you will be able to figure out links that appear to be bad

www.adafruit.com put in 828

If I said the barometric pressure is 29.92 in Hg, can you tell me the altitude ?

I was in a hurricane, on a boat and we had 20 foot waves. I can most definatly tell you that altitude and barametric pressure have about the same relation as temperature and altitude.

In normal conditions barometer can give some accurate data of curse i understand what you mean, in the other way i have a gps module too which give altitude data so its ok for me.

if you ever get into IT, you will be able to figure out links that appear to be bad

I'm an IT guy and that was my 1st look the ID of the product, i tried to load just the page but it kept crushing so i was boring, had other things to do :D of curse i could just search the adarfuit IP for a instant website login.

So anyway i was talking about the same thing in the end.

Fire

Light

Rain

Wind Speed

Calculations for Dew Point

Proximity

CO2

Methane

A lot of sensors out there.

Well there is a lot of kinds of Gasses sensors, so better i could take Air Quality sensor, than apart gasses sensors.

Calculations for Dew Point

What's that exactly do and where can be useful?

Google is your friend. Use it.

Weedpharma

I don't have virtual search engines as friends :D