SEPARATE SERIAL SCREEN (/N) AND FROM BYTE VIA BT - POSSIBLE?

Hi :slight_smile:

I USE A APP THAT CONTROL 2 RELAYS AND GET DATA FROM MULTI SENSORS.

IN THE APP SCREEN I HAVE 3 TEXT BOXS THAT SHOW THE DATA FROM DHT11 AND ULTRASONIC SENSOR. AND 1 TEXT BOX TO SHOW THE ON OFF STATE OF THE RELAY (/N).

BUT IF I PRESS ON THE TEMP BUTTON OR ON THE SENSOR BUTTON IS SHOW MY ALSO IN THE (/N - TEXT BOX) BECAUSE IS SHOW ALL THE DATA FROM SERIAL SCREEN.

WHAT I NEED TO DO TO SEPARATE THE SERIAL SCREEN (/N) OR SEPARATE THE DATA FROM THE SENSORS FROM S' SCREEN ETC.

#6.

The 10 top key phrases that suggest that a poster will be hard to help:

10 - "pls" or "plz" anything
9 - "this programming thing"
8 - any "lol" or "lolz"
7 - "urgently needed" or "due tomorrow"
6 - POSTS IN UPPER CASE
5 - "final year project" or "class project"
4 - "bare with me"
3 - "can't wrap my head around..."
2 - Fritzing
1 - "// Variables will change"

Note: "tearing my hair out" is omitted because it is usually associated with extremely simple solutions.

ardoking:
WHAT I NEED TO DO TO SEPARATE THE SERIAL SCREEN (/N) OR SEPARATE THE DATA FROM THE SENSORS FROM S' SCREEN ETC.

First of all STOP SHOUTING - it's bad manners. It is also hard to read.

If you preface the different types of data with a special character (maybe 'D' for data and 'S' for screen) your receiving program can easily filter the data into different streams for display purposes.

...R

Robin2:
First of all STOP SHOUTING - it's bad manners. It is also hard to read.

If you preface the different types of data with a special character (maybe 'D' for data and 'S' for screen) your receiving program can easily filter the data into different streams for display purposes.

...R

Thanks

I already use that ( "t" for temp, h for humidity). but is show my also in "serial screen" (/n). and if i send "t" and "h" in the same time - is show my the "t" and change immediate to "h" (the data).

aarg:
#6.

The 10 top key phrases that suggest that a poster will be hard to help:

10 - "pls" or "plz" anything
9 - "this programming thing"
8 - any "lol" or "lolz"
7 - "urgently needed" or "due tomorrow"
6 - POSTS IN UPPER CASE
5 - "final year project" or "class project"
4 - "bare with me"
3 - "can't wrap my head around..."
2 - Fritzing
1 - "// Variables will change"

Note: "tearing my hair out" is omitted because it is usually associated with extremely simple solutions.

I fix it later - :frowning:

ardoking:
I fix it later - :frowning:

Never mind, just don't do it again.

ardoking:
I already use that ( "t" for temp, h for humidity). but is show my also in "serial screen" (/n). and if i send "t" and "h" in the same time - is show my the "t" and change immediate to "h" (the data).

Then the problem exists in the program that is receiving the data, not in the Arduino program.

If you are just displaying the data on the Serial Monitor you can't very well expect it to be able to filter the data. It is just designed to display everything it receives.

You need to write a special PC program to do the filtering - in whatever PC programming language you are comfortable with. I use Python.

...R

What is that /N that you use everywhere.

ardoking:
BUT IF I PRESS ON THE TEMP BUTTON OR ON THE SENSOR BUTTON IS SHOW MY ALSO IN THE (/N - TEXT BOX) BECAUSE IS SHOW ALL THE DATA FROM SERIAL SCREEN.

Can you elaborate. It sounds like you have a textbox where the serial dats is shown and you parse that textbox instead of thr incoming dats.

It also sounds like a question about PC programming problems. Which OS and which language? And if you attach the code, people might be able to help you further.

@robin2: I think that OP already has a special program and hss problems with that.

sterretje:
@robin2: I think that OP already has a special program and hss problems with that.

So do I. But we have not managed to get him to 'fess up yet :slight_smile:

...R