Separating Motor from Circuit

Hello,

I've started a new thread on this topic because I've made some headway, and will start with a functioning circuit. I have created the following circuit and it works like a charm. (Thx to DC42 for his help).

I can apply 5 volts from pin 9 and the switch works (TIP 122) and the motor runs. What I am ultimately trying to do is to separate the motor and 12 volt adapter from the above circuit and connect it via an RCA plug.

As you can see, I have cut the negative line from the 12V adapter, and inserted a male RCA plug. Once it is shorted, the 'Adapter- Motor circuit' is complete and the motor runs. It is the female side I can't nail down.

What I am asking for help is the following 2 things.

1. How do I complete the circuit so the Transistor creates the short needed at the RCA plugs.

2. There is no flyback diode at this point. Every diagram I have looked at says it needs to be across the motor. For it to be used in this senario, it has to be inserted to the left of the female RCA plug.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thx.

I can apply 5 volts from pin 9 and the switch works (TIP 122) and the motor runs.

Well not as drawn, the blue wire doesn't connect to anything on it's left end and the center lead of the transistor has nothing wired to it. Rule one, draw what you built and build what you drew. :wink:

Lefty

Thanks for spotting that. I fixed the blue wire.

For any who wanted to know the solution, here it is.

Thanks for the follow up.

Derek