Serial communication between Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense and ESP32

Hi, I want to send sensor data from Arduino Nano 33 BLE Sense to ESP32 for uploading to database. But, I can't do even basic serial communication using TX, RX pin in Arduino and pin 16, 17 in ESP32. Anyone have example how to do it?

The Tx and Rx pins 1 and 0 pins on the nano 33 ble are a hardware uart port accessed as Serial1 and independent of the usb serial. Look at a pinout diagram for the Nano 33 BLE as the pin closest to the edge of the board is 1( Tx ) and the next pin in is 0 (Rx). It's not what you would expect.

Pin 16, 17 are in Rx and Tx of Serial2 ESP32.

Pin 1 will connect to Pin 16 and Pin 0 to pin 17. Connect the grounds. Make sure the baud rates are the same for Serial1 on the Nano and Serial 2 on the Esp.

Post your code and your wiring diagram if you have issues.

Thanks for your answer, I follow this tutorial How to Exchange Data between Arduino and ESP32 using Serial Communication? (programmingboss.com) and change the sender source code from Serial.begin and Serial.println into Serial1.begin and Serial1.println

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.