serial communication between web page and arduino with database

Hi everybody, I am trying to set up a system of intensity control of an installation, so I have an Arduino uno relay and a sensor of intensity. I want the sensor data that Arduino receives can be sent via serial communication to a Windows PC or Ubuntu and then stored in a MySQL database and so from the pc that we can tell Arduino to turn off the relay via a Web page. please give me some ideas about the programming languages used

Hello Kams, I use Arduino to capture data (via MCP23017) and then as a web client to send a GET request to a Ubuntu server running PHP. PHP writes to MYSQL. A web page is updated with status from the database, also via PHP. I use HTML and Javascript to pick up button presses on the web page then CURL via PHP to instruct the Ubuntu server to send a GET request to the Arduino (as a web server), to activate / deactivate relays.

In your case, the arduino would be set up to receive intensity data from your sensor, then Arduino will send a client Get request to PHP on the Ubuntu (or other) server which writes to the MYSQL database. When the server receives a web request the page uses PHP to get the data from the database and display it, then javascript to receive a pressed button request. The page will then use PHP to send a CURL request to the Arduino that will receive that (as a web server) and set or reset the corresponding relay (or MCP23017 in my case) output.

steve_mcdonald: Hello Kams, I use Arduino to capture data (via MCP23017) and then as a web client to send a GET request to a Ubuntu server running PHP. PHP writes to MYSQL. A web page is updated with status from the database, also via PHP. I use HTML and Javascript to pick up button presses on the web page then CURL via PHP to instruct the Ubuntu server to send a GET request to the Arduino (as a web server), to activate / deactivate relays.

In your case, the arduino would be set up to receive intensity data from your sensor, then Arduino will send a client soundcloud downloader Get request to PHP on the Ubuntu (or other) server which writes to the MYSQL database. When the server receives a web request the page uses PHP to get the data from the database and display it, then javascript to receive a pressed button request. The page will then use PHP to send a CURL request to the Arduino that will receive that (as a web server) and set or reset the corresponding relay (or MCP23017 in my case) output.

That is very helpful! thank you

Maybe you should have a look to MQTT protocol, Node-Red and OpenHab. You will be :o