Serial Communication to iDevice (iPhone 3GS)

Alright, I have been trying to see the message from the below sketch on my iPhone (3GS) but haven’t had any luck. My sketch looks like the following,

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
Serial.println("Hello World!");
delay(1000);
}

I created a google doc comprising the information I have gathered from various sources. I am stepping the voltage down from 5V to ~ 3V on the bread board using a voltage divider, and I am using pin 13 on the iPhone dock connector to receive the TX signal from the Arduino. I am using pin 15 on the dock connector to ground the signal.

On the iPhone I installed minicom, and set the serial port to “/dev/tty.iap” and I set the baud rate at 9600. With these settings I am still not see the message “Hello World” displayed on the screen. If anyone has successfully done serial communication on an iDevice please shed some light on my situation, as I have been working on this for a couple of days now (sigh).

I can finally see the message the Arduino is sending via terminal on the iPhone. I explain the procedure I used here -> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Yi9_hcw8XSyYNCG2OJT9oHlTG-dC-Dnuc58VIULa81Q/edit