Serial connected after power up, no serial without DTR enabled

No Serial without DTR enabled after power cycle.
Power Cycle the Arduino.
If I connect to my Arduino with the DTR enabled, it resets and works fine. BUT, I do NOT want the Arduino to reset when I connect to it with the computer.
Power Cycle the Arduino.
If I connect to my Arduino with DTR disabled, then the Arduino doesn't reset AND I get no response from the Arduino via the serial port.
Even if I reset the Arduino (button), still no response.
If I first connect with DTR enabled (resets the Arduino), as long as I do not power cycle the Arduino, the serial works fine. Once I power cycle the Arduino and try to connect without DTR enabled, no response.
This seems to be NOT to be a processor programming issue as much as the serial/USB interface chip issue.
How do I fix this???

is it this Serial interface locks up on Nano Every · Issue #51 · arduino/ArduinoCore-megaavr · GitHub ?

Nope. Not that.
It seems that DTR must be enabled to connect to the board, but this performs a reset to the board when you connect. Whatever the board might be doing otherwise is lost through the reset.
If the board has not been power cycled since the last connect, then DTR is NOT required to reconnect.
I have no problem with DTR. I DO have a problem with the board resetting when it is enabled and I connect.

wa2pux:
Nope. Not that.
It seems that DTR must be enabled to connect to the board, but this performs a reset to the board when you connect. Whatever the board might be doing otherwise is lost through the reset.
If the board has not been power cycled since the last connect, then DTR is NOT required to reconnect.
I have no problem with DTR. I DO have a problem with the board resetting when it is enabled and I connect.

classic Nano (Uno, Mega) resets too on USB connection