Serial monitor over bluetooth HC-05 with Mega 2560 vs Nano BLE 33

I'm trying to understand why code that is working with a Arduino Mega 2560 and an HC-05 bluetooth module will not work with a Nano 33 BLE and an HC-05. I understand it has BLE capability, but i'm not interested with that at this point. I'm just trying to use the nano to fit my project into a smaller package.

I can connect Tx/Rx pins of the Mega 2560 and HC-05 and I have no issues seeing the data in the serial monitor, however when I try to do the same thing with the Nano I get nothing.

It looks like the Nano TX pin is labeled TX1 so I tried using "serial1", but no luck.

Thanks for the help.

void setup() {
  // initialize serial communications
Serial.begin(9600);
while(!Serial);

}

void loop() {

Serial.print("test"); //blue
Serial.print("\t");

}

I can connect Tx/Rx pins of the Mega 2560 and HC-05 and I have no issues seeing the data in the serial monitor, however when I try to do the same thing with the Nano I get nothing.
It looks like the Nano TX pin is labeled TX1 so I tried using "serial1", but no luck.

On the Nano BLE, the RX0 and TX1 pins are a second serial port available as Serial1.

How is the HC05 connected to the Mega? What is the code used with the Mega? How is the HC05 powered when using the Mega, and how is is it powered with the Nano BLE.

If you are using one of the additional hardware serial ports on the Mega, adapting the sketch to the Nano BLE should be straight forward.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.