Serial Monitor Print Over Same Line

Using the MSGEQ7 and would like to print the 7 read values on only one line, refreshed every time they are read. Println advances the display and the changing values are hard to read as they scroll down the screen.

Read somewhere that using Serial.Print("\r") to print only on the same line isn't recognized by the serial monitor. Is there another way to accomplish this over-print display with serial monitor?

Println advances the display and the changing values are hard to read as they scroll down the screen.

Experiment with print(), then. Learn the differences between print() and println().

Read somewhere that using Serial.Print("\r") to print only on the same line isn't recognized by the serial monitor.

The \r IS recognized. You just need to understand exactly what it does (and why you do not want to use it).

As I understand, print()displays the value... period. println() displays the value followed by a CRLF which advances the "cursor" to the beginning of the next line. WHat I want to do is move the cursor to the beginning of the same line, then print the next set of values over the previous.

Doesn't "\r" do that... move the cursor to the beginning of the current line (while \n moves it to the next line?

WHat I want to do is move the cursor to the beginning of the same line, then print the next set of values over the previous.

You need a program, then, that accepts cursor control characters.The Serial Monitor does not.

So then...
"The \r IS recognized." == false, at least for serial monitor.

I use the terminal program "puTTY".

www.putty.org/

rickso234:
So then...
"The \r IS recognized." == false, at least for serial monitor.

It is recognized, but it does not do what you want. The Serial monitor recognizes it but treats it the same as \n.