Serial Monitor

Hello Everyone, so i’m working with an arduino UNO and a 16x2 LCD with a push button shield, im using the serial monitor to see the button’s states, but what id like to do is to print in vertical the values, right now the serial monitor prints the value in horizontal, any way to make it print in vertical on the screen?

The serial monitor is rancidly horrible. The best you can hope for is to repeatedly print a table of the values one line at a time.

Far better to use a separate serial terminal program and move the cursor around using ANSI control codes. By the way, the serial terminal in UECIDE supports some ANSI codes for doing proper displays.

BlueLoneWolf:
Hello Everyone, so i'm working with an arduino UNO and a 16x2 LCD with a push button shield, im using the serial monitor to see the button's states, but what id like to do is to print in vertical the values, right now the serial monitor prints the value in horizontal, any way to make it print in vertical on the screen?

You can get some column effects with...

print
print
println

...but that's about it. Column spacing will vary depending on width of a data item. You could go through the painful process of measuring the width of a data item, and adding " " if necessary, for EACH ITEM in the line.

Unless you mean this???...

t  q  b  f
h  u  r  o
e  i  o  x
   c  w
   k  n

You can do some wrangle arrays of data into any arrangement or format, depending on what you need. That example certainly is not fun though.

Arduino is an educational tool, not a lab device. And as was mentioned the serial monitor specifically and the serial user interface in general is a train wreck.

BlueLoneWolf:
Hello Everyone, so i'm working with an arduino UNO and a 16x2 LCD with a push button shield, im using the serial monitor to see the button's states, but what id like to do is to print in vertical the values, right now the serial monitor prints the value in horizontal, any way to make it print in vertical on the screen?

Dude, you just need println() function and violá.
By the way, print() is the same function but println() prints the value and then goes the line below.