"Serial" not declared in 1.0

Hello, today I moved from 0022 to 1.0 and i'm having some trouble.

I can't use Serial communication, even using example files

/* DigitalReadSerial Reads a digital input on pin 2, prints the result to the serial monitor

This example code is in the public domain. */

void setup() { Serial.begin(9600); pinMode(2, INPUT); }

void loop() { int sensorValue = digitalRead(2); Serial.println(sensorValue); }

DigitalReadSerial.cpp:8:21: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory DigitalReadSerial.cpp: In function 'void setup()': DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'INPUT' was not declared in this scope DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope DigitalReadSerial.cpp: In function 'void loop()': DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'digitalRead' was not declared in this scope DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope DigitalReadSerial.pde:-1: error: 'DEC' was not declared in this scope

Seems like Arduino.h file is missing, qhere should it be found ?

Thanks a lot.

I suggest you re-install, maybe even re-download the IDE from a known-good source. Make sure everything is unpacked properly.

Already done, dnlded from both google code and arduino.cc :(

Extracted with windows or 7zip, same issue.

Can you confirm that there is nothing else to do but extract & launch arduino.exe ?

At least on windows xp that is the way to do it. Don't know about the later stuff. Never used any of that.

Did you unpack it to a local drive or a network share?

Can you confirm that there is nothing else to do but extract & launch arduino.exe ?

Sorry for the silly question, but do you launch arduino.exe "directly" from the archive (uncorrect) or did you first extract the full archive and then launch arduino.exe ?

My 1 cent

:)

Of course I launch the uncompressed exe ... I tried as an administrator, same issue. It's unpacked on a local drive.

I'm using win 7 pro.

In fact I can't compile anything.

Arduino.h not found :(

Installed 0023, and it's working great ....:(

I can't see what could be wrong... download the correct version of arduino (32 or 64 bit ?), unpack, launch, compile. I've never encountered any problems so far on windows or linux systems. Anyway, the good news is that 23 works. More 1.0 weirdness ;-)

I suspect you've selected the incorrect board type.