Serial password for programs

i want to write a program that will require password and then save it on the EEPROM and i want also to be able to change that password

refiloekunene:
i want to write a program that will require password and then save it on the EEPROM and i want also to be able to change that password

So what is stopping you?

Post the code you have tried and tell us what it actually does and what it should do.

...R Serial Input Basics

Robin the link is great work.

refiloekunene: i want to write a program that will require password and then save it on the EEPROM and i want also to be able to change that password

You'd have to scan serial input for a "line".

If a "line" is complete, count and split it into single "words".

I'd perhaps use this logic and stay in the setup() function as long as no exit condition becomes valid:

if the entered "line" consists of "1 word" ==> interpret this word as password ==> if checked for valid password in EEPROM ==> exit setup and start loop() ==> if invalid password was entered ==> stay in the password loop

if the entered "line" consists of "2 words" ==> interpret this as "old password" and "new password" ==> if first word is valid password ==> take second word a "new password" and save to EEPROM ==> if invalid password was entered ==> stay in the password loop