Let me start by saying i’m using 1.0.6 because I’m using a Hummingbird Duo, and it’s firmware and such wouldn’t work on any other version, even though it says 1.6.0 is supported. (I’m not really sure what happened, I just tried everything until I could click on verify and it worked. I’m running Linux (Arch, if that’s important) and I downloaded the IDE from the website, not with pacman.
I have installed the Arduino firmware on the device, and have installed the Hummingbird libraries, and board in Tools>Board
Running lsusb shows one device which I have determined is the Arduino:
Bus 004 Device 012: ID 2354:2222
Running dmesg (only pasting relevant lines) gets me:
[ 7721.948163] usb 4-2: new full-speed USB device number 14 using xhci_hcd [ 7722.131272] usb 4-2: New USB device found, idVendor=2354, idProduct=2222, bcdDevice= 2.00 [ 7722.131285] usb 4-2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0 [ 7722.131291] usb 4-2: Product: Hummingbird Duo [ 7722.131298] usb 4-2: Manufacturer: BirdBrain Technologies [ 7722.153871] hid-generic 0003:2354:2222.000D: hiddev2,hidraw4: USB HID v1.11 Device [BirdBrain Technologies Hummingbird Duo] on usb-0000:00:10.0-2/input0
So the device is connected, but running ls /dev/tty* gets me:
dev/tty /dev/tty14 /dev/tty20 /dev/tty27 /dev/tty33 /dev/tty4 /dev/tty46 /dev/tty52 /dev/tty59 /dev/tty8 /dev/tty0 /dev/tty15 /dev/tty21 /dev/tty28 /dev/tty34 /dev/tty40 /dev/tty47 /dev/tty53 /dev/tty6 /dev/tty9 /dev/tty1 /dev/tty16 /dev/tty22 /dev/tty29 /dev/tty35 /dev/tty41 /dev/tty48 /dev/tty54 /dev/tty60 /dev/ttyS0 /dev/tty10 /dev/tty17 /dev/tty23 /dev/tty3 /dev/tty36 /dev/tty42 /dev/tty49 /dev/tty55 /dev/tty61 /dev/ttyS1 /dev/tty11 /dev/tty18 /dev/tty24 /dev/tty30 /dev/tty37 /dev/tty43 /dev/tty5 /dev/tty56 /dev/tty62 /dev/ttyS2 /dev/tty12 /dev/tty19 /dev/tty25 /dev/tty31 /dev/tty38 /dev/tty44 /dev/tty50 /dev/tty57 /dev/tty63 /dev/ttyS3 /dev/tty13 /dev/tty2 /dev/tty26 /dev/tty32 /dev/tty39 /dev/tty45 /dev/tty51 /dev/tty58 /dev/tty7
On 1.6.0 I got the port to show, and work, but the Hummingbird software wouldn’t work. I am using the same cable, so that is not a problem.
I apologize if that was too detailed but I wanted to get as many of the issues I already read out of the way as possible. I think the problem is the device isn’t showing up in tty as /dev/ttyUSB0.
Interesting little fact, those smarter than me were probably able to figure this out from the above information, but the Arduino is listed as /dev/hidraw4. I tried to set that as the port in prefrences.txt but it did not work. I am going to try installing a different version of Arduino again and see if the firmware works by some magic. If it does I’ll edit again.