Serial protocol for communication between Arduino Mega an Computer

Hey guys,

I have a some troubles with the communication between my Arduino Mega and my Computer when using serial COM port. When I send data with the arduino serial monitor, it will identified as correct command( a correct command ist 8 bit long an begins with a # and ends with a #). But wehn is send data with another serial monitor or an C-code that uses the serial port the code isn't indentified as correct(it receives, but not the right characters). So my question is, are there other characters to be send? Before/After? So that my Arduino will accept it?

Thanks

So my question is, are there other characters to be send? Before/After? So that my Arduino will accept it?

No, but things like parity, stop bits, baud rate, etc, must match. Without seeing your Arduino code or your C code, it is impossible to know what is wrong.

Freacky2002:
But wehn is send data with another serial monitor or an C-code that uses the serial port the code isn’t indentified as correct(it receives, but not the right characters).

So what does it receive instead?

And are you are really going over “plain old serial”, or over usb? Or with v24-to-usb-Adapter?