serial.read reset?

is there a way to reset the value of the serial monitor ? i mean when i send a byte in the arduino using an adroind the serial registers it as 1 i would like to reset it to zero. is there a way to do it? thanks

is there a way to do it?

Yes. Fix line 28. That’s what my crystal ball says is wrong. Of course, I got it cheap off ebay, and it has never been right, so the problem might be elsewhere.

hakai_24:
is there a way to reset the value of the serial monitor ? i mean when i send a byte in the arduino using an adroind the serial registers it as 1 i would like to reset it to zero. is there a way to do it? thanks

What does “value of the serial monitor” actually mean? Its just a comms window. What byte
are you sending from the Arduino? 1 or ‘1’ ?

Oh and why do you mention serial.read? Do you mean Serial.read? On the Arduino you’d
use Serial.write not Serial.read to send a byte to the serial monitor.

hakai_24:

If you want to clear the serial monitor window in the Arduino IDE then no - it's not possible apart from closing and re-opening it.

However, there are lots of other serial clients which support terminal escape sequences such as clear screen. Look at Realterm, for example. You could easily use one of these instead of the IDE serial monitor. It's also relatively simple to write your client outputting to a text window if you're capable of doing software development on the PC.