Serial Terminal Software with two specialties auto-connect/disconnect on focus

Hi,

I would like to use Npte++ as the code-editor for programming the Arduino. I managed to install the plgin that can call the tools to upload the compiled code into the board.

Now to make it perfect I'm searching for a serial terminal software that has two special features:

1.) automatic connect/disconnect when focus is on the serial-terminal window or not.
do this without resetting the COM-Port to cause a reset on the Arduino-Board

2.) re-scan COM-ports while terminal software is running and make new found COM-Ports available for opening without restarting the terminal software.

I'm using Be@ys terminal who can do all that except one detail
making new found COM-Ports available for opening without restarting the terminal software.

That's what Br@ys Terminal can't do.

Tera Term can automatically re-connect after unplugging/plugging the USB-cable. But I haven't found an option for automatic connect/disconnect when winning / loosing focus
This would be very convenient for switching between editor-window and uploading code and watching serial output for debugging purposes.

So das anybody know about a serial terminal that has these features?

best regards Stefan

Intriguing. The way I use my editor and terminal program it would be disconnect-connect-disconnect-connect every few seconds if it worked as you suggest :slight_smile:

...R