serial to midi converter macos Mojave

Hi,

Hoping that someone will be able to help me out. I am currently trying to build an array of LDR’s to use as midi triggers. I am having trouble finding a serial to midi converter that will work on my current version of macos. I have tried Hairless-midiserial which opens but crashes as soon as the user interface is used in any way, it does not seem to be optimised for newer macos. I have also tried Serial Midi Converter V2D which uses Java which also does not seem to work which just gets this message (in attachments).

Thank you in advance for your help =]

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 12.10.02 am.png

The easiest way is to just get a board that supports MIDI over USB, like the Leonardo. It just works as soon as you plug it in. You can get Leonardo clones for less than $5 from China.

You could also try the Hiduino firmware for the ATmega16U2 (if you're using an official Arduino UNO or MEGA).
I wrote these instructions some time ago: GitHub - tttapa/MIDI_controller: This is a library for creating a MIDI controller using an Arduino or Teensy board.

If you don't want to do that, and you can't find any software that works, you could always write your own program. If you use Juce, is should be relatively easy, but if you value your time more than 10¢/hr, I would recommend getting an Arduino that supports MIDI over USB.

Pieter

Thanks, that helps