Serial Usage

I have a program right now where the serial monitor simply stops displaying anything after 15 minutes. I can't figure it out still. I added a section to send me as message at the end of every subroutine and it stops somewhere different every time. The device seems to continue working however.

I have a program right now where the serial monitor simply stops displaying anything after 15 minutes.

Are you going to share it and details of the hardware with us ?

I thought I did all that about a week or so ago. it's an esp8266 and I have tried two different ones, both do the same thing. Now a clone that I used for that news and weather program doesn't seem to do it. So I'm at a loss. I don't mind posting it but it's 800 lines or so, or was before I cut out stuff, and don't want to bore people with that. It's running right now and if the problem continues I can start another thread about it. I'd really like to get the HTML thing solved presently, I can live with the other problems.

sevenoutpinball:
I thought I did all that about a week or so ago.

I can’t see a link.

But it isn’t an AVR issue, so it doesn’t belong here on this thread.

is the uno rev2 wifi an AVR? If it is it might be fun to try this software of mine on that to see if the serial messages still die after 15 minutes like the esp thing does.

Split from another topic

ok, so I went out to the garage and got an Uno wifi Rev2 and will test the esp software where the serial port simply stops after 15 minutes or so and see what happens.