Serial with hyperterminal

I'm trying to use the serial example that echos the ascii code for whatever is sent. It works perfectly from the serial terminal in the Arduino software.

From Hyperterminal, it doesn't receive any data. If I add a serial.println, it shows up in hyperterminal, but it seems like nothing is received by the Arduino board.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Thanks, Jason

What's Arduino board are you using? some model which using DTR or RTS signal for auto reset control may problem on Hyperterm.. because Hyperterm open COM port with handshake signal control , that your Arduino may still on reset state.

remove autoreset pin and set Hyperterm handshake as "None". It'll work properly. ;)

What's Arduino board are you using? some model which using DTR or RTS signal for auto reset control may problem on Hyperterm.. because Hyperterm open COM port with handshake signal control , that your Arduino may still on reset state.

remove autoreset pin and set Hyperterm handshake as "None". It'll work properly. ;)

I'm using the Deicimila.

I don't think it is staying in a reset state because if I have the Arduino only sending data, it works fine and the data shows up in hyperterminal. It's when I try to send data from Hyperterminal to the arduino that nothing happens.

When I open the serial terminal in the Arduino IDE it resets the Arduino as the terminal opens, which is something I wanted to avoid, but knowing it does this, it's not a huge problem.

I've got a similar problem. Even the http://www.arduino.cc/en/Serial/Read example doesn't work with hyperterminal.

I had this exact same problem where I could receive data from Arduino, but I couldn't send it anything. When I changed the the "Flow control" in hyperterminal from the default of hardware to none everything worked.

This is what worapoht said, but I think he was too smart for us ;D

:) on setup -> Handshake = None and ensure that "Scroll lock" lamp on keyboard is off just tricks to use..