servo activation via sound sensor

I am having issues having the servo turn when I clap. I am not sure if its because I need to use the analog out or If it is impossible to activate the servo with a digital read as input from the sound sensor. Maybe there is somethings wrong with my code. Will someone please help.

#include <Servo.h>
Servo tinoServo;
int servoPin = 9;
int soundSensor = 4
int val

void setup()
{

tinoServo.attach(servoPin);

}

void loop()
{
  val = digitalRead(soundServo);
  if (val == HIGH)

tinoServo.write(180);
  delay(5000);

if (val == HIGH)

tinoServo.write(0);
  delay(5000);

Missing if braces??

if (val == HIGH){
    tinoServo.write(180);
    delay(5000);
}
if (val == HIGH){
  tinoServo.write(0);
  delay(5000);
}

What kind of sound sensor are you using? there is some with only digital out signal, others have analog as well.

Do you whant to use the sound sensor as a toggle switch? when clap once go to 180 and stay there, and then when clap again goto 0 and stay there?

the logic is flawed... assuming your sound sensor is indeed sending "1", if you don't clap a second times exactly 5 seconds after the first time, but say 6 - then the second if will have been ignored and you returned in the loop cycle and you don't know which if will capture the next "clap" sound.

May be it will be the first one, and it will send again tinoServo.write(180); and your servo won't move.

What you want to do is probably have a suitable variable that stores the states you are in.

float servoPos = 0; // default position, the servo write takes a float angle [tt]

in  [b]setup()[/b]

[tt]Move servo to servoPos default position

in loop()

if clap is heard then {
  servoPos = 180.0 - servoPos;
  set servo to servoPos position
}

Can u explain me more about it, its kind not understanding for me