Servo advice needed

I need a servo to go beyond 180 degrees - but specifically not continuous.

I have a requirement that I need to be able to stop the servo at various points between 0 - 360

I could maybe get away with stopping at around 270-300 degrees.

Is there a servo that can do this? and if not, then what does everyone use instead of servos ?

There are plenty of "sail winch" servos. These typically have full positional control over 3 to 6 complete rotations. E.g. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-tgy-6114md-digital-sail-winch-servo-drum-type.html

I can't think of anything that does specifically 360 degrees but they may exist...it's basically a matter of the way the gearing is arranged. But finding them is difficult because as you've seen people use "360 degree" to mean continuous rotation (which isn't really a servo at all, just a geared motor).

Steve

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

What is the application that you need 360deg turn?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

Most servos will do 270 deg - same as the travel of a potentiometer....

hammy:
Most servos will do 270 deg - same as the travel of a potentiometer....

Are you sure? I have dozens of servos and quite a few of them can't even manage 180 degrees.

Steve

TomGeorge:
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

What is the application that you need 360deg turn?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

I'm making a gauge for my flight sim... basically trying to build this:

Yep sure , I’ve some that do . You need the range of PWM signals to drive it this far .
There maybe an internal stop , ( which you can modify) but travel is ultimately limited by the travel of the feedback pot.

Ok great.. so what do I need to do ?