servo arm with max msp

hello I am very new to arduino so sorry if I seem vague or am inexact with my use of terminology.

essentially the project I have in mind requires the control of a servo arm via a pressure sensor or microphone.

my question is whether I would be best off using only arduino code or incorporating max msp. The only time I have previously used Arduino I was sending midi data to Ableton that was being generated by sensor data so I have no experience in sending commands back to the arduino board as it were.

all I need is for the servo to open a tap when the pressure sensor is activated ( stood on).

would really appreciate any guidance , cheers.

So, the Arduino would detect that the tap needed to be opened. It would tell the PC that. Then, the PC would tell the Arduino to open the tap, and the Arduino would turn the servo.

The PC seems pretty dumb, don’t you think. Why not just have the Arduino open the tap when it detects the need?

ok thank so your saying i can set that up in the arudino code box? sweet. I'll get on learning how to do that.

ah ok a bit of research has actually shown this will be ridiculously simple , cheers.

samhallett: all I need is for the servo to open a tap when the pressure sensor is activated ( stood on).

How about replacing the servo with a solenoid that is powered via the switch? No electronics required.