Servo Dissconnect

I have this servo Pololu - Power HD Standard Servo 6001HB
I can write the position with the Arduino and the servo moves correctly, although when left on the servo jitters. So I figured I can use servo disconnect to turn it off when not in use. that works although every time I use the disconnect function the servo jumps about 50 degrees to the same spot. It is definitely not coded to make it jump so why would the disconnect function be doing this?

Well, could be code issues, power issues, wiring issues, etc. Forum crystal ball is fuzzy tonight.

when I perform servo disconnect the servo jitter stops (from what I assume is the pulses not being sent) although with this servo it holds it's position even when the disconnect function has been called.

I don't know why it jitters if the software is not trying to drive it past the end of its travel. Perhaps there is a heavy load on the servo that is pushing against the electronic control system?

The servo should NOT be powered from the Arduino as it can't deliver enough power.

Have you another servo to compare it with?

If you want to "disconnect" the servo without it changing position I suggest you arrange for the Arduino to disconnect the power from the servo - perhaps using a relay.

...R

Here is one of many solutions I found by Googling "fixing jitter servo arduino". http://www.karlssonrobotics.com/tutorials/arduino/workaround-for-servo-jitter-on-arduino/
It does not answer your question but should solve your problem.

andsetinn:
Here is one of many solutions I found by Googling "fixing jitter servo arduino". http://www.karlssonrobotics.com/tutorials/arduino/workaround-for-servo-jitter-on-arduino/
It does not answer your question but should solve your problem.

thanks I will try this code. does anyone know if this code will interfere with any of the Arduino's functions?

The only jitter I experienced with those servos was when I was trying to make it move to a position that it could not. From my experience, these like to stay between 15 and 165 degrees. What application are you using these in? I prefer the 3001HB though, it draws less power. I just use a regular 7805 regulator most of the time, but i'm just using them to control lightweight flags.