servo doesnt rotating, and notification

hi guys, i set the servo to rotate 90 degrees in the code, is it possible if the servo doesnt rotating 90degrees (example the servo just rotate 45 degrees, because something blocked the servo) so the arduino could send me a notification (a SMS) that the servo doesnt rotating 90 degrees?

You need to post the program you are using.

...R

Unless you have the type of servo that gives positional feedback then the Aruino only knows where it told the servo to go, not where it actually ended up going.

There are high end servos that pass back servo location. They are expensive. And from my casual reading, a little harder to interface to than hobby servos.

I HAVE seen threads here where people opened up the servo and soldered a wire to the internal pot. They could then do a read of the pot and get information about the physical position.

Hi,

i set the servo to rotate 90 degrees in the code, is it possible if the servo doesnt rotating 90degrees (example the servo just rotate 45 degrees,

The servo commands signal the servo to move to a position, not how much to move. So 90deg command will make it move TOO 90deg position of its 0 to 180 range, NOT move 90deg.

How are you powering the servo?

Tom... :)