Servo motor issues

Hi.

Common question incoming:

Testing a servo motor circuit. I am using Arduino Uno with Feetechs(FS5109M) servo motors. The servo motor is powered externally with a 5V 2A DC supply to meet the motors specifications. (general power supply ordered from local store: https://www.hobbytronics.co.za/p/547/power-supply-12v5v-2a The Arduino is powered using a 9v battery. Prototyping on a veroboard and not a breadboard due to the current. The ground of the external supply is connected to the Arduino ground pin.

The circuit is wired correctly. However, the motor refuses to turn - it simply ticks and vibrates when running the default Arduino "Sweep" program.

Weirdly enough, if I use standard a 9V battery to power the servo, its runs with ease. Is my power supply a dud or malfunctioning ?

Can anyone assist with this?

Thanks in advance.

Common question outgoing - where is your schematic?

Haha Fair enough, updated above.

You really need a multimeter so you can check that you are actually getting 5V. Given the pinout of that dual voltage supply having you tried both of the two ground connections, just in case they're not common?

Steve

My 5V Tower Pro SG90 Servo is responding well to the IDE's sweep program under MEGA!

GolamMostafa:
My 5V Tower Pro SG90 Servo is responding well to the IDE's sweep program under MEGA!

Which seems to prove that if everything except the example code is completely different it can work. Is that helpful?

Steve

This is to pass the message that the IDE's example program is functional subject to the fulfillment of the requirements as stated in the example program like the drive pin (in this example, it is DPin-9).

GolamMostafa:
This is to pass the message that the IDE's example program is functional

Was there ever any doubt about that?

...R

Robin2:
Was there ever any doubt about that?

...R

A firm doubt is a pre-condition for searching true knowledge?

slipstick:
You really need a multimeter so you can check that you are actually getting 5V. Given the pinout of that dual voltage supply having you tried both of the two ground connections, just in case they're not common?

Steve

Have used a multimeter, definitely getting 5V, however, I'm getting a staggering 0A. In terms of the power supplies ground, 3 wires are available if you remove the Molex connector, so it's a common ground.

This is the second time I have prototyped the same circuit and the issue still persists. Maybe its a dud PSU?

GolamMostafa:
A firm doubt is a pre-condition for searching true knowledge?

If you had a really firm doubt, you'd be wondering where all the complaints about the non-functional IDE example were.

Cue tumbleweed.