Servo Motors working on Arduino, but not on breadboard (URGENT)

Hello guys!

I’m making a robotic arm that has 1 S90 microservo and 3 MG946R servos. The arduino is powered by a 9V/1A Power supply and the servos are powered by a stack of batteries to reach 6V.

The problem is that when I connect one servo directly to the arduino, if works as it should when compiling a simple test code. When I connect the servos on the breadboard, the servo only turns 30º to the left or so and completely stops.

I put a LED on the end of the breadboard to see continuity, and it stays on all the time and no dimming of the light, so I don’t know what to do anymore.

Please help me on what I’m doing wrong.

I attached a photo of how I’m pluging it all, please refer to it.

#include <Servo.h>

Servo servo1;

void setup () {

Serial.begin(9600);

servo1.attach(9);

}

void loop () {
  servo1.write(30);
    delay(300);
   servo1.write(60);
    delay(300);
}

Answer: Hooking a servo to a breadboard.

Look up how much current the breadboard can handle vs how much current the servo requires for proper operation.

Idahowalker:
Answer: Hooking a servo to a breadboard.

Look up how much current the breadboard can handle vs how much current the servo requires for proper operation.

Thanks for the quick reply.

The servos are rated for 500 to 900mAh, and since I'm powering it with 4 batteries rated for 2000mAh each, there is current to spare.

The servo does not work even when connecting directly with the batteries, so I guess the breadboard is not the bottleneck.

Where's the complete schematic of your setup?

Guys, I found what was wrong 5 minutes after I posted in here (and last night I searched the whole internet lol)

Turns out you need to connect the ground in the breadboard to the ground in the Arduino, and that's what I did wrong.

I appreciate the help of you all, thanks a lot!

Bkviegas:
The servos are rated for 500 to 900mAh, and since I’m powering it with 4 batteries rated for 2000mAh each, there is current to spare.

You’re confusing mA with mAh.