Servo Power Question

Hi, I’m fairly new to electronics and had a question about power. I’m trying to power six 4.8V micro servos in the fashion modeled below using an ardiuno connected to USB power to control them. Using only one or two servos in the same fashion as below works fine, but with six, the servos were barely moving indicating they weren’t getting enough power. When trying to research the issue, it appears I should not try a higher voltage battery because that could burn the servos out. Is this correct? And is there a way I could power all the servos off one power supply?

1.) Please learn how to use a schematic making application such as Eagle PCB, LTspice, or Fritzing
2.) All your servos should be powered off some sort of external 5V power supply. Depending on your project it might make more sense for you to have a wall-wart power supply, or a LiPo battery with a buck converter (voltage regulator)

Google or search on Amazon for "5V power supply" and/or "5V voltage regulator" and you might find something you're interested in using.

Captivcreative2:
When trying to research the issue, it appears I should not try a higher voltage battery because that could burn the servos out. Is this correct? And is there a way I could power all the servos off one power supply?

It’s not more voltage you need. It’s more current that you need. You need to find a 5V power source that can provide more amps.

4 x NiMH AA rechargeable batteries usually work pretty well. Though it may depend on exactly what servos you have. If they are the common SG90s then you should be fine.

Steve

1568234524356.jpg
OK, so you have not shown (white on white perhaps?) the control connections from the Arduino to each servo. But you certainly have the power connections correct. Of course, for a finished project you would certainly not be using a solderless breadboard.

Common servos require 5 to 6 V and you need to factor in about 1 Amp for each of the SG90 servos otherwise you may get erratic operation and stalling (or damage to the power supply).