Servo Question

Trying to use the sm-s2309s servo from the starter kit.

I am not getting 180 degrees of travel. Using the pot mapped to writeMicroseconds(), I've sweeped from 400 to 3000

The below 540-2225 is where the servo stops going any further. By eye, 540-2225 represents approximately 150 degrees.

My question is, why do they stamp the servo 180 degrees even on spec-sheet, if it can't go 180 degrees ??

Is this deliberate false advertising ?

potValue=analogRead(potPin);

angle = map(potValue, 0, 1023, 540, 2225);

myServo.writeMicroseconds(angle);

BigKoy: My question is, why do they stamp the servo 180 degrees even on spec-sheet, if it can't go 180 degrees ??

Don't know which spec-sheet you found (you forgot to link it) but the datasheet I found says +-60 degree aka 120 degree. So with 150 degree your already 30 degree above spec ;)

septillion: Don't know which spec-sheet you found (you forgot to link it) but the datasheet I found says +-60 degree aka 120 degree. So with 150 degree your already 30 degree above spec ;)

Damn..

servodatabase lied to me.

https://servodatabase.com/servo/springrc/sm-s2309s

Thanks for clearing that up.

Indeed looks like an error in the database indeed :/

Most all hobby servos DO NOT abide by the 0-180 degrees of movement they claim.

I also start at a range of 20-160.. and see if I'm ok.. and increase little by little to find the limit(s)..

The knob tutorial is great for finding the physical limits of a servo. Go until you hear the servo noise change, indicating that it is hard up against the physical stop. Note the value. Back off so you don't burn out the servo. Repeat for the other end of travel. Incorporate those values in the attach.