Servo reset during windows boot

Hello all. Wondering if anyone has had an issue with a servo going back to zero during windows boot?

I have developed a hvac unit for my vehicle through visual studio and reading and writing to an arduino uno to control the servos for my fan speed, temp, and mode. Everything works as designed except for when the computer boots into windows. And the only servo it resets is the fan tied to pin 9.

My code stores the current settings for each servo each time they are accessed. So when you turn the vehicle off they stay put. When I start the vehicle the servos are where they were last, as the computer boots everything is fine, but when windows initializes the servo on pin 9 goes to zero intil my code starts, which sets all servos back to where they were at last power off.

Not really a big deal, but the momentary stoppage of the fan is annoying, especially when its hot out.

Any ideas? I was thinking about switching that servo to pin 12 or 8 just to see if there were any changes, but I haven't had time yet. Currently fan is pin 9, temp pin 10, and mode is pin 11.

Thanks - Barry

When you say "during windows boot", what do you really mean?

If the Uno is connected to your PC by a serial line (which it appears to be), and if the serially line is opened after the boot (which will happen when a program attempts to use the serial line), then the Uno will be reset. If your code (which was not shown) commands the servo to zero [e.g. in the setup() function which was not shown], the servo will go to zero.

There is a trace on the Uno that you can cut to prevent this behavior, but I do not recommend it until you have finished all development of your code. It will make downloads to your Uno difficult if you cut the trace.

Obviously, 'serially' should be 'serial'. I missed this during proofreading of the Preview.

Everything works as designed except for when the computer boots into windows. And the only servo it resets is the fan tied to pin 9.

If the Arduino is powered by the computer, rebooting it is going to reset the Arduino too.

The servo moves because you most likely attach() it first and then tell it where to be. If you tell it where to be (and it is already there) and then attach() it, it won't move.

Of course, we really know nothing about how the Arduino is powered, or what code you are running, so all we can do is guess.

I hate guessing games.