Servo, Robotic Claw, and Range Finder

I’m looking to do a project that uses a robotic claw to pick up objects. There will be two servos, one to open and close the claw, and one to turn the object on its side once it is in the claws grasp. I am going to mount the claw on a cart, and have a range finder sense the object that needs to be picked up.

Just seeing if anyone has any information to share, or what to do. I am new to coding so any advice is welcomed. Basically, just seeing if anyone has some knowledge or sample code on how to get a range finder to talk to a servo.

Thank You.

sample code on how to get a range finder to talk to a servo.

A range finder can not talk to a servo. An Arduino can trigger a range finder to send a pulse, and it can read the echo, to determine distance. An Arduino can send pulses to a servo to make it move.

The relationship between distance and servo position is something that you need to define in your code.

Basically, just seeing if anyone has some knowledge or sample code on how to get a range finder to talk to a servo.

Get these components working seperately first, then work on combined code. There is a forum search box in the upper right of this page. Try searching for key words in your project.