Servo Trouble

I am trying to use a lewansoul ld-220mg servo and I am having no luck. the datasheet information is sketchy, pun intended, to say the least.
best info I can get on this thing from the Lewansoul website, (http://www.lewansoul.com/product/detail-20.html) is as follows
speed: .16sec/60 degrees
6-7.4 vdc
1A min. working current
100mA no load current

and from the vendor i got

duty ratio: 0.5ms - 2.5ms
pulse width: 500-2500
pulse period: 20ms

i am using a 7.2vdc at 3A bench top power supply, with common grounds of course

using the <servo.h> library has done me no good.
so how might I go about seting up the pwm manually?

i am using a 2560 Mega

any input on this would be greatly processed and output in the future

I am trying to use a lewansoul ld-220mg servo and I am having no luck. the datasheet information is sketchy, pun intended, to say the least.
best info I can get on this thing from the Lewansoul website, (http://www.lewansoul.com/product/detail-20.html) is as follows
speed: .16sec/60 degrees
6-7.4 vdc
1A min. working current
100mA no load current

and from the vendor i got

i am using a 7.2vdc at 3A bench top power supply, with common grounds of course

using the <servo.h> library has done me no good. only jerky noisy movements that might or might not be to where it is supposed be going. tried with both knob and sweep examples. but examples worked fine for the SG90 servo, powered by arduino, but when i changed to the larger servo, powered by 7.2vdc with common ground to the arduino, it all goes crazy.

No breadboard is used in this set up.

so how might I go about setting up the pwm manually?

i am using a 2560 Mega

any input on this would be greatly processed and output in the future

@Jasono0j, do not hijack. Thread split.

@Jasono0j, do not hijack. Thread split.

@Jasono0j, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

so how might I go about setting up the pwm manually?

You can't, note the requirements for the servo's pulse:-

You can't get that with simple PWM you need to use the servo libiary.

but examples worked fine for the SG90 servo, powered by arduino, but when i changed to the larger servo, powered by 7.2vdc with common ground to the arduino, it all goes crazy.

How is the Arduino powered? Have you got decoupling capacitors on the servo's power supply?

Try again with the Sweep example. As that only moves 1 step at a time it’s fairly gentle on the servo.

You’ve told us it isn’t using a breadboard but please post a picture of your setup so we can see what it is using. That servo needs good solid wiring and connections because it takes short-term high currents to get it moving.

Also if your power supply is current limited it may be cutting power off just when it’s needed. Can you try it with a battery, preferably a 2S Lipo or Li-ion?

Steve