Set gps latitude and longitude by lora

Here I have example code for my GPS tracker project. I used MTK3339 GPS unit and a PCB board for lora shield with Arduino programming but the problem is that I can get connected with base station with Lora an d use link to check the data transmitted by Lora but I don’t know how to write the code for transmitting the GPS location information to basestation or Lora gateway. Could anyone give me some suggestion on programming? if you can give some example code, I shall be very grateful.

sketch_lon.ino (9.63 KB)

Describe what you want to happen, because the code doesn't make any sense. Something like:

1) Repeat 20 times: a) Get a GPS fix b) Send it to the base station. c) Make sure the base station replies "ok".

2) Print the last GPS fix: date, time, fix quality, lat, lon, speed, alt, satellites

3) Go to sleep for 30 minutes.

4) Repeat.

It would help if you describe (and in a lot more detail) what it is you are actually trying to do.

Your using LoRa, but what device ?

Where did the code come from, and how much of it works ?

/dev: Describe what you want to happen, because the code doesn't make any sense. Something like:

1) Repeat 20 times: a) Get a GPS fix b) Send it to the base station. c) Make sure the base station replies "ok".

2) Print the last GPS fix: date, time, fix quality, lat, lon, speed, alt, satellites

3) Go to sleep for 30 minutes.

4) Repeat.

First I wanna make sure it connected with the base station and I can see the GPS location information from the link corresponding to the Lora and then make the device have a sleep mode to energy optimised. If you have some idea to help me get my idea into shape, since I'm new with Arduino, you are much welcome.

srnet: It would help if you describe (and in a lot more detail) what it is you are actually trying to do.

Your using LoRa, but what device ?

Where did the code come from, and how much of it works ?

I use the PCB board with RN2483 microprocessor and this code make the connection with basestation come true, also it can print the location data on the serial monitor. But when it attached the sleep mode, some problems like the timer cannot refresh, each time print, the display of "time:" is always the same clock. I have tested few times. I guess that when enter the RN2483 sleep mode, the timer is also entering and "wake up()" may not work.

Sound like you need help from someone who is familiar with the RN2483 which is a device that has a PIC processor running a serial front end for a LoRa device.

srnet:
Sound like you need help from someone who is familiar with the RN2483 which is a device that has a PIC processor running a serial front end for a LoRa device.

you are right, I really need some help on this.

First I wanna make sure it connected with the base station and I can see the GPS location information from the link corresponding to the Lora and then make the device have a sleep mode to energy optimised.

-_-

Instead of one long sentence, try to write several short sentences. For example, what do you mean by "I can see the GPS location"? Where? Do you mean a "the sketch displays a location"?

If you can't describe it, you can't code it.

/dev: -_-

Instead of one long sentence, try to write several short sentences. For example, what do you mean by "I can see the GPS location"? Where? Do you mean a "the sketch displays a location"?

If you can't describe it, you can't code it.

this code file includes 1) GPS NMEA sentence output in serial monitor 2) GPS/LORA shield ~ base station connection 3) sleep mode on the Arduino UNO and the RN2483 microprocessor

here my problem is that I cannot get the NMEA sentence on the Lora link whether I need to provide the command to let Lora send the data like longitude or altitude.

I am not familiar with this kind of command and do not know how to write it.

Until you describe the setup in more detail its going to be difficult to help.

You keep refering to things like the 'base station' and assume we know what this is and how its connected.

Your assuming this is an issue with LoRa, and its not, its probably how to get the RN2483 to communicate with something else, and you have not made not clear what the something else is.

What the RN2483 uses for its RF communication is not particularly relevent, how you talk to this device almost certainly is.