setting a robot free

Has anyone ever made a robot from arduino with obsical avoidance and such and then just let it out into the street or something? Seems interesting to see how long it would survive

If there were human-driven cars on the road at the same time, it would probably just result in car crashes and lawsuits. So it doesn't sound all that fun to me. But, setting a small walking robot free in the wilderness with a raw steak strapped on its back may be interesting.... All-around go-pro video cameras on it, plus one camera pointed straight up. Collect the cameras after the attack.

dmjlambert: If there were human-driven cars on the road at the same time, it would probably just result in car crashes and lawsuits. So it doesn't sound all that fun to me. But, setting a small walking robot free in the wilderness with a raw steak strapped on its back may be interesting.... All-around go-pro video cameras on it, plus one camera pointed straight up. Collect the cameras after the attack.

What's left of them...

All you need is the SD card. I suppose the essential parts may be hardened somehow. I'm thinking expanded steel body with the cameras peeking through the mesh, or something like that.

XD and make the robot run if it hears load noises

Wasn't someone making a robot with a flame thrower a while back. That's what you need, then it won't need to run.

Perfect a robot with a flame thrower and the ability to move autonomously ... recipe for disaster

brenden_nerd_: Has anyone ever made a robot from arduino with obsical avoidance and such and then just let it out into the street or something?

Isn't that the work that is being done on driverless cars?

...R

Can you get one with a flame thrower ?

Hi,

brenden_nerd_: Has anyone ever made a robot from arduino with obsical avoidance and such and then just let it out into the street or something? Seems interesting to see how long it would survive

Our big brown Labrador would pick it up for a toy to play and sleep with, or the Jack Russell would cock his leg on it. Tom.... :)

With the flame thrower they would probably have to send the military or a swat team to deal with it

Sounds like a 1950s Japanese sci-fi movie.

ChrisTenone: Sounds like a 1950s Japanese sci-fi movie.

careful, sir I have just put 20K euro in an old UNIX Flame box used in 2003 for Hollywood video editing got a valid license, thus I might produce a movie

dally: careful, sir I have just put 20K euro in an old UNIX Flame box used in 2003 for Hollywood video editing got a valid license, thus I might produce a movie

Be sure and dub it just slightly out of sync.

And make sure everyone walks jerky, 24 FPS.

brenden_nerd_: Perfect a robot with a flame thrower and the ability to move autonomously ... recipe for disaster

Just power it with a Lithium polymer battery and that should provide sufficient excitement when it gets run over.

. . . and in SD.

Make it have the space ships that look like really cheap plastic models