setting up analog inputs

is it that you can't set an input to analogue ? I assume because the 6 analogue inputs are already setup as analogue when the system powers up so there will never be a need to set a pin as analogue where as you may need to set an analogue pin to digital ?

The six (or eight or sixteen) analogue inputs are only on specific pins because they connect to the inputs of an analogue multiplexer.

Where's your code?

is it that you can't set an input to analogue ?

You can only set some, which, depend on what the processor is.

I assume because the 6 analogue inputs are already setup as analogue when the system powers up

No the 6 analogue inputs are setup as digital inputs on power up by the processor's circuitry. They only are set for analogue when you call the analogue read function.

AWOL: The six (or eight or sixteen) analogue inputs are only on specific pins because they connect to the inputs of an analogue multiplexer.

Where's your code?

who said anything about code ? it was an academic question

Grumpy_Mike: No the 6 analogue inputs are setup as digital inputs on power up by the processor's circuitry. They only are set for analogue when you call the analogue read function.

OK that clears it up, thank you

who said anything about code ? it was an academic question

I did, up there in reply #1

This is the Programming section - if you want "academic", post in "Guidance" or "Microcontrollers"