Setting up Arduino BT

I am trying to set up my arduino BT and I am having difficulties getting it to receive my sketches right now I have it hooked up with 3.0volts I have it connected to my windows vista computer when I go to upload it starts the upload and in my bluetooth devices says that the connection is in use but than this error occurs.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

and it tells me to look at the FAQ’s I did this and I found I had tried everything on there

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Untitledar.jpg

If anyone else has this issue the work around is to hit the Arduino BT reset and than immediately hit the upload button on the arduino IDE and it works beautifully

happy coding

Have you had any success using the serial monitor with your arduino bt board?

When I use the serial monitor I see that it is moving but no data is displayed, but I wrote a LabVIEW program to write to pin 13 to make it turn on and on a LED and it worked fine, so information must be passing back and forth.

Because every time i open the serial monitor, it doesn't display anything and more often that not it crashes.

I did have a problem with the serial monitor, but I think that was because I hit the run button on my LabVIEW program and because the com port has one resource it crashed the resource monitor and my LabVIEW program.

but I fixed that and now it works fine

Are you even using the IDE that comes with the board or are you using labview exclusively?

Yes I am using the Arduino IDE to program the ATMEGA on the board

Hi, I'm having the same problem setting up my ArduinoBT. I have it powered with one AA 1.5V battery and I'm using windows Vista and the Arduino IDE to upload my sketch. I'm trying pressing the reset button at the same time as the upload button but it still results in the same errors that the OP posted. I have a 5mm red LED in pin 13 and GND and when I power the board the LED starts to continuously blink on and off and doesn't stop unless I press the reset, in which case it stops for about 10/11 seconds and then begins again. I'm very new to arduino and am not sure what to do.

Does anybody have any suggestions that might help?

well you don't hit the reset and upload button at the same time you need to hit the reset button and than immediately after pressing the reset button hit the upload button.

If this does not work check to make sure you are still paired to it through your bluetooth manager.

Ok, I have tried this and now it says 'done uploading' but there is still an error message that states "avrdude: ser_open() : can't set com-state for "\.\COM27"

COM27 is the serial port the board is connected to. Does anybody know what this error means? Has my sketch uploaded?

Did you give the sketch blink a try? so that you can test whether it went to the board or not