SevSeg Library error: 'class SevSeg' has no member named 'begin'

I am trying to use the SevSeg library but I still keep on having errors when I compile it though I know I have added the library properly. The error says “‘class SevSeg’ has no member named ‘begin’” why is that? Here is the code i got from a tutorial:

#include <SevSeg.h>

#include "SevSeg.h"
#define till 150
//#define num 1234
int a=2,b=3,c=4,d=5;

SevSeg sevseg; //Instantiate a seven segment controller object
//int temp,x,y,z,k,p,num1,num2,num3;

void setup()
{
  byte numDigits = 4;   
  byte digitPins[] = {a,b,c,d};
  byte segmentPins[] = {6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13};
  sevseg.begin(COMMON_ANODE, numDigits, digitPins, segmentPins);
  sevseg.setBrightness(30);
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{ 
  while(Serial.available()=0);
  int val = Serial.read();
  Serial.println(val);
  for(int i=0; i<till; i++){
    sevseg.setNumber(val,0);
    sevseg.refreshDisplay();
  }
}

/// END ///

Also, attached is a screenshot of the interface displaying the error message i am getting. I am using Arduino Uno r3 and computer interface version 1.6.6. Please help.

Can you post your code in code tags </> ?
Can you get us link to SevSeg libraries ?

here is the link I to where I downloaded the library: GitHub - sparkfun/SevSeg: Seven Segment library for Arduino

Case matters. THe code you linked to doesn't have a method called begin. It does have a method called Begin.

Delta_G:
Case matters. THe code you linked to doesn’t have a method called begin. It does have a method called Begin.

Yes, i have tried that as well but a different error occurs stating that the library has no function for ‘Begin’ . Attached is the screenshot displaying the code and the error message

Did you follow the pattern of the library examples, for the Begin() method or ? No. If you had, you would have seen that you can not pass the segment pins as an array.

joshuaevangelista:
Yes, i have tried that as well but a different error occurs stating that the library has no function for 'Begin' . Attached is the screenshot displaying the code and the error message

That's a different error entirely. It's telling you that there's not a Begin method with that signature. You've got the wrong number and/or types of arguments. But at least it finds the method.

aarg:
Did you follow the pattern of the library examples, for the Begin() method or ? No. If you had, you would have seen that you can not pass the segment pins as an array.

Okay. This pretty much answers my question on Begin() method. You are right. In the examples, segment pins are not in array. The segment pins where declared separately and then appended inside the Begin() method separately as well. Now I understand, thank you!