Sharing an IR sensor?

I've been tinkering with a few ideas, and using the Arduino as ISP to tinker with Atmega and ATTinys. Okay this is odd, but I'm curious... Is there any reason why this wouldn't work? Ignore the power supply. It was my first time playing with Fritzing. I have a good quality 5V power supply. They won't ever have a scenario of needing to use the same IR signal at the same time, if that is a factor. They each look for a specific, but different, signal.

|500x277

In principle yes you can do this. In practice read the data sheet for the IR sensor and add the decoupling capacitor and resistor they recommend.

Grumpy_Mike: In principle yes you can do this. In practice read the data sheet for the IR sensor and add the decoupling capacitor and resistor they recommend.

Yes of course. I guess I should have made that more clear. The image above was meant more as a simplistic view of what I was going for.

In any case, now that I know a black hole won't pop up and suck the magic smoke out of anything, I guess it's time to put it on an actual breadboard and give it a go. Thanks!